5 Fall Foods You Should Be Eating
1. Apples- Apples have up to 4 grams of fiber per apple, contain cholesterol-lowering pectin and are also loaded with disease-fighting antioxidants like vitamin C.
2. Sweet Potatoes- High in potassium, beta-carotene, fiber and have amazing anti-inflammatory benefits.
3. Pumpkin- Great source of B vitamins, loaded with fiber and high in potassium. (You can roast your own or buy the canned for convenience. Note: Make sure not to buy the canned “pumpkin pie mix” because it has tons of added sugar. Buy 100% pure pumpkin.)
4. Brussels Sprouts- High in folate, iron and vitamin K.
5. Pomegranates- The juice is higher in antioxidant levels than red wine and a good source of vitamin C and folate.
Enjoy the seasonal treats of Fall! Nature provides the most delicious and nutritious bounty for us, and our bodies will be that much healthier for consuming them!